25.1.12

dix & onze.


12.8.11

I came across this old gold-leaf frame at the market in Concarneau and so, feeling all spontaneous and excitable, I bought it- with the help of Emmy- for 20! Ah, I don't even know why, but it makes me happy to even just look at- I've always wanted an old gold frame and, lo and behold, I've finally managed to get my hands on one! I'm planning on eventually filling it with a painting that I've done or possibly a photograph. Whenever I get around to filling the frame, I'll take a photo of it, and you'll be the first to see what I've done with it! :) xxx

***



 a little girl getting a piggy-back ride from her big brother.




a cruise liner that had an emergency stop.


(i love the rain.)



***

13.8.11

This was a particularly wet day. And, on top of that, it was the day of a little village fair so we all wrapped up in our macs, armed with umbrellas just in case, and went on our way. It was held in the green of an old, retired church by a small beach and ice-cream shop, and it was packed full of people. Here, there and everywhere was the buzz of French sentences, laughter and warm smiles exchanged over much-needed cups of hot drinks to warm cold, pink fingers, and the pitter-patter of falling raindrops on waterproofs, rosy cheeks and the small marquee. There were cakes, drinks, games for the children and this all led us to a performance by a Breton band and a small troupe of Breton dancers who performed dances together in traditional dress. Despite the wet weather, the day's atmosphere wasn't dampened and it turned out to be a lovely day! We left a little earlier than everybody because, honestly, we couldn't really tell what was going on or being said and my A-level in French wasn't helping us at all, so we hopped back into the warmth of the car and drove round back to the camp-site. On the way back, my Nan spotted this huge cruise liner sat fairly near to the beach and opposite Concarneau, and so, of course, we stopped the car to have a look and I grabbed my camera! After intently watching it for ages, and getting utterly drenched in the rain in the meantime, I went back to the car and we went back on our way. We got back to the camper and, stepping carefully so we didn't slip in the now-wet-and -very-muddy ground, we started to make something warm and delicious for dinner and then got snug up with a hot chocolate, my book and a little game of Pictionary before going to bed. :)  xxx


p.s. I hope you all had a wonderfully Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! I apologise for the belated well-wishes, but I truly hope that this year, for you, is the best yet and that you are all happy, healthy and that you're able to follow your hearts/dreams in any endeavours that may come up for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment