24.6.12

a year gone by.


 



***



A simple self-portrait, taken a year and a week ago, that I stumbled upon while going through some old folders on my hard-drive yesterday. I don't know why I didn't notice, and make something of, it before now, but I thought I'd just have some fun with it and experiment a little bit in Photoshop! I actually really like what I came up with; it makes me think of light and grainy old film photos, all hazy light and faded memories of someone/something that once was... Also, I couldn't choose between the colour and black & white versions of it (terribly indecisive to my very core, I am indeed!) and so I just decided to show you both of them, too. 
I'm gradually going through all of the folders , collecting all of the pictures I meant to share with you here, over these past few months, and sorting them into some new blogposts that I'll be doing soon. I've missed blogging... it feels nice to have a little somewhere to go to where I can just show you all my pictures and memories of things, places, people I see around me and just be myself and to have a voice in my own little corner of the big Wide World Web. I don't think I've said it before, so I'll take the chance to now- thank you for listening to me babble on about everything and nothing :)

Lots of love, Mari-ann 

4 comments:

  1. I really like these, especially the top one! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you so much, Jax! I'm really glad you like them, that really means a lot to me :) ♥

      Delete
  2. you are a genius
    i love your work my god, it is perfection <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Silvia, I don't know what I did to ever deserve such wonderful comments from you, but thank you so, so much, lovely! You make me smile such big, cheesy grins :D thank you! ♥

      Delete